Who is eligible?
All privately owned businesses are eligible for the awards, as defined below.
- All privately owned businesses.
- The business must be UK headquartered and have some UK‑based operations.
- For one category, Private Business of the Year, the business must be at least 51% owned by private individual shareholders or trusts.
- Its shares must not be publicly traded but it could have received Private Equity or Venture Capital funding; however, no one individual institutional investor can have control.
- A private business may have Private Equity or Venture Capital investors but no one individual institutional investor can have control.
- The awards cover the period between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2017.